Monday, December 5, 2011

Lesson #9: Creating Arrays of Values

Video #9

This video gets us introduced to strings. There's one thing Bob does in this video that gets me a bit confused and he doesn't seem to really explain it. At one point he writes:

Console.WriteLine(numbers[i].ToString());

I did it without the ToString() and it worked just fine for me.

If you find arrays to be a bit confusing, I think of them as a group of variables in a single bucket. They all have to be the same variable type, though. It's almost like a single column matrix. I don't know if arrays can be expanded to be "multi-column" (if that's even the right term), so for now, I stick to working with them as single column matrix.

It's also good to fiddle around with arrays to help you understand them. I was a tad confused until I played with them a bit more and I started understanding them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment