Sunday, December 4, 2011

Update on the site and my progress

The eagle eyed viewers will have noticed that I've removed the embedded videos from the site. I was running into a problem where every time I opened up the site, I had it asking me a dozen of times for permissions and whatnot. Given how I've never had that on any other blog I've done and the fact that the messages are very similar to what I get when I log into a site using my Microsoft Live ID, I figured that the most likely cause was the Microsoft videos I had embedded. So to try to solve the problem, I've removed the embedded videos and just having a link to the page that has the videos.

As far as learning C# is going, I've been making quite the progress. I'm actually a bit further than what I've got on the site. I find myself taking what I've learned and experimenting with it. I recently completed my first app which converts temperatures from Celsius to Fahrenheit and vice versa. I had to look up and figure out a few things on my own, but it works. I've employed techniques that are used later on in this video series so I'll share the code as we get to those points.

I'm hoping to start work on my first legitimate application in a week or so. And by legitimate, I mean an app that I could put out to the public and there would be interest. I'll give more details on what I plan to do as time goes on. I can say that it will be for Windows Phone.

And the fact that the app is for Windows Phone has gotten me thinking about eventually porting it to Windows 8. From what I've been hearing and reading, it shouldn't be too hard to port it over. I just wish I had a tablet right now that had Windows 8 loaded up already. I've got a copy of Windows 8, but I don't have a spare computer to install it on and I don't have a touch screen to test out that functionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment