Monday, December 5, 2011

Where I'd like to start heading

A lot of what Bob is doing here is for programs that pretty much just work in the DOS command window. That's nice and all, but I doubt many people plan to create programs that work just in DOS.

I know I'm personally headed (eventually) to Windows Phone development and then hopefully Metro-style apps for Windows 8. I've got an idea for a project that's a bit esoteric, but will be very helpful for the people who could use it. But I've got a lot to learn until I can create that app.

I've already started down the road of learning to develop for Windows Phone, but I've yet to find anything as helpful as Bob's videos. I'm hoping that the folks at Channel 9 will consider putting together a video series that branches off from this and moves in that direction. With Windows 8 coming out and what appears to be a lot of similarity between Win8 and Windows Phone as far as development is concerned, it might be a good idea for Microsoft to do that.

Here's the site I've started learning Windows Phone development from. I see potential, but not being extremely familiar with the Visual Studio IDE, I feel like having videos would be very helpful. It'd also be nice to have someone like Bob "bring the cookies to a lower shelf" as I like to put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment